In the middle of the nineteenth century the town began running out of space for accommodating the increasing number of the Austrian army members who were coming to Jarosław. More and more often private buildings were turned into premises for soldiers. The so called barracks at Podzamcze Street came into existence in this way. They were established within the buildings owned by a man named Robinsohn. At the end of the nineteenth century cavalry stationed in the barracks. The whole complex was surrounded by a wooden fence and included a two-storey building, warehouses as well as stables. The two-storey facility has been preserved to this day – is located at 37 Podzamcze Street.
In 1907, the buildings remaining after the barracks were put on local rental market. At first, the facilities were rented by Mr Adolf Stahl and Mr Leon Dym who turned the bottom floor into a cork factory, whereas the first floor into a chancellery and apartments.
After World War II, the main building was adapted into rental apartments and so it is to this day. Other buildings, that is the stables and warehouses, unfortunately, were demolished.