In the 80s of the 19th century another barrack complex was constructed. This time the establishment included a vast area within today's Poniatowskiego, Sikorskiego, Grunwaldzka and Słowackiego Streets.
The whole complex was fenced using brick columns and iron fence panels. The barracks consisted of several buildings, including: a general staff building, residential buildings, warehouses, two riding halls and a military bakery after which the street was called (in Polish bakery is ‘piekarnia’). Military exercises were held in the barracks. This took place in the area of the riding hall which from the side of Słowackiego Street was fenced with a complex of eight similar warehouse buildings.
At the end of the 19th century in the cavalry barracks the 8th Dragoon Regiment of Graf Raimondo Montecuccoli was dislocated. This was a cavalry unit of the Imperial and Royal Army created in 1618.
After World War II the barracks were used as a technical back for the 40th Light Artillery Regiment, and in the 80s of the 20th century - for located at 14 Czarnieckiego Street Anti-Aircraft Artillery Division. The area after former cavalry barracks in 2001-2003 became the property of the Municipality, and from 2011 onwards it has been privately owned. At that time, most of the buildings after the barracks were demolished. Now a shopping centre - ‘Stara Ujeżdżalnia’ is under construction in the area.
It is worth mentioning that in the years 1926-1933 the Soldier's House of the 1st Marshal of Poland, Józef Piłsudski was built. This was an important centre of cultural and educational significance. It was destroyed by the German army in July 1944. In its place in 1966, Westerplatte cinema was established, now it has been adapted to the State Higher School of Technology and Economics in Jarosław .