Sanctuary of Our Lady of "Myloserdia Dweri"
The Greek Catholic Church of Transfiguration of Our Lord was built on the foundations of the former castle of the Ostrogskis. This is a temple of the Greek Church. Its construction started in the year 1717 and progressed slowly, due to the lack of sufficient funds. The construction of the temple was completed thanks to the generosity of a wealthy merchant, Eliasz Wapiński. The church was consecrated in 1747, although it was still an envelope. In the years 1911-1912, the temple was rebuilt from single-aisle into triple-aisle with towers and a dome. After World War II, as a result of displacement of Greek Orthodox population, the church was deprived of the host. In the post-war years it was used by a Latin parish: devotions for children and young people were held therein. In 1987, Greek Catholics regained their temple which in the following years (1987-1993) was renovated and restored to religious purposes.
Sponsors of the church: Eliasz and Pelagia Wapiński were buried in the crypts of the temple.
The Jarosław Greek Catholic Church has a valuable icon of the Mother of God in the Hodegetria type: Gate of Mercy. The icon was crowned with papal crowns in the year 1996, on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of the Union of Brest. A great honour for the town was the request of Pope Francis to include the miraculous image at St Peter’s Square in Rome during the inauguration of the Year of Mercy in the Catholic Church (08.12.2015).