It was the duty of every Jewish Community to ensure proper burial of their deceased, and therefore cemeteries were established often earlier than synagogues. The decision to build a cemetery in Jarosław was made during the Jewish council in 1700. The Jarosław Jews founded a cemetery outside the town, 5 km from the town centre to the north, in the district of Jarosław - Kruhel Pawłosiowski. The land was acquired from the Jarosław parish priest, later bishop of Płock, Marcin Załuski. Supervision over the cemetery was exercised by 'Chevra Kadisha’ funeral brotherhood. This was the oldest Jewish society in Jarosław. The area of the cemetery was 2.02 ha, surrounded by a wall. The cemetery had a funeral home and a ritual well of 1741. In the spring of 1941, the cemetery was destroyed by Germans. Marble monuments because of their value were taken away to Germany. Squares and roads were paved with the matzevahs. From about 30 matzevahs that survived, the oldest ones date back to the years 1896 – 1899. In the eastern part of the cemetery an Ohel with a plaque above the entrance indicating that it is the tent of Grand Rabbi Shimon Rubinfeld was rebuilt after it had been destroyed by Germans. The sponsor was his grandson from Canada. The unveiling was accompanied by dozens of young Jews from Montreal, the participants in the ‘March of the Living’ to Oświęcim.
It is the oldest, but closed cemetery of all the cemeteries in Jarosław. Currently, since 2004 the Cemetery has been owned by the Foundation for the Preservation of Jewish Heritage in Warsaw.