Bishop St Nicholaus and Bishop St Stanislaus Church was erected in the years 1615 – 1624 by efforts of the sponsor, the voivode (province head) of Wołyń, Duchess Anna Ostrogska. The Benedictine nuns stayed in that place until dissolution of the order in 1782. Only in 1991 the nuns regained their ownership over the abbey. Originally, until 1757, there was a wooden St Nicholaus Church in that place. Apart from this beautiful story, the place is marked by tragic facts. It was there where during the occupation a prison in which people were tortured and executed was located. A transit camp and Gestapo arrest was seated there. The monastic complex surrounded by high walls and trees, located on the side of the town, was a ‘perfect’ place of performance of genocidal plans of Nazi executioners. In the north-eastern corner at the wall surrounding the abbey Germans shot Jews and Poles from Jarosław and the surrounding area. The one who executed the most frequently was the bugbear of Jarosław, Gestapo Franz Schmidt. During only a day, Schmidt personally executed a group of 30 residents of Jarosław. Executions took place several times a week, largely in the afternoon. It happened that there were injured people in graves, so they were finished off with an additional revolver shot. Often, Schmidt was seen leaving the cellar after hearings with boots red from blood. At night-time the remains were dug out and taken away to the neighbouring crematory in Koniaczów.
The abbey is located at Benedyktyńska Street and currently the Archdiocesan Retreat House is located there.