The viewing point in Jarosław is located in the area of the Little Market Square [in Polish ‘Mały Rynek’]. A beautiful panorama over the Lower San Valley which is a constituent of the Sandomierz Basin stretches from it. The Rzeszów Foothill, also referred to as the Jarosław Foothill ends there. From the Lookout Bank you can admire the Abbey of the Benedictine Sisters surrounded by a defensive system which towers over the surrounding area.
On the square located in the Little Market Square there is the so-called “Kieferling’s Bench” by a well-known Jarosław fine artist. The bench was made on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the founding of the school, and its author is Mr. Henryk Cebula. Edward Kieferling was born in 1933, died, however, in 1998. From 1957 onwards, he studied at the State High School of Fine Arts in Jarosław, and in the years 1962-1974, he was the director of the facility.
In March 1656, near Jarosław a battle of Czarniecki’s troops with Sweden took place. This clash was described by Henryk Sienkiewicz in The Deluge. The battle took place on the San near the town.